Sunday, July 29, 2012

Book Review - Check Out Time

By Rosa Sophia

Check Out Time
http://www.amazon.com/Check-Out-Time-ebook/dp/B008ALNKOE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1343580569&sr=8-2&keywords=rosa+sophia

Hi everyone,
I thought I'd tell you a little bit about the above book I recently finished reading - Check Out Time - by Rosa Sophia.

First of all, let me tell you - I'm a sci-fi/fantasy geek. I love that genre, and although I do dip into other styles now and again, (Paranormal, Thriller, Action), etc, etc - it's not very often I do as I'm hard to please...

However, some friends had recommended Check Out Time, so I thought I'd give it a try.
And I was glad I did!

The story revolves around the experiences of Naomi Vogler, a young woman who lost her mother to a tragic accident and who unexpectedly finds herself reconnecting to her father as she makes a fresh start in a small town called Witchfire.
Naomi finds a job on the nightshift at her local store. All seems well until the manager is found dead in the boiler room. Although initial indications point to suicide, it soon becomes clear there was more behind the death than first appears.

What that "more" is, becomes apparent as Rosa slowly and skillfully draws you into Naomi's world and helps you feel what she's going through as her new life slowly turn into a nightmare. A skillfully dangled carrot will keep you wanting more until the final chapter.
I'm not going to say anything else, as I don't want to give anything away...BUT...it definately has nothing to do with "the one-armed man"!
If you like a suspense thriller with a bit of a twist - give Check Out Time a try.
You won't be disappointed!
If I could give stars, this would get five!

No comments:

Post a Comment