Saturday, May 2, 2015

Actions Speak Louder than Words

 
 
It's always warming to select a cross section of the latest reviews to let supporters see what readers actually think. Their comments and expressions mean so much more than a thousand different little posts.
 
So, here's a selection of examples where readers have been moved to action.
*******
This book gave me exactly what I was after. Richly written characters that I did shed a few tears over, a tight excellently plotted story, history and the future all combined to make this book just amazing! This is another of those books that I slid into with not a ripple. I have to admit to being a fan girl of the Roman legion...big time fan girl! I am honestly at a loss for words as to how much I loved this book and why. It kept me up a few nights way past my bedtime, but the end...wow. worth it all! If you are into alternative history, military history, sci fi...this book has it ALL! Toss a few heroes in there too. Just a brilliant read from a new author that will be added to my stalking list! Get it..read it...cannot recommend it enough!
 
*******
 
This book had a cinematic feel to it. It was if I were watching all of the events and characters scroll across a giant screen, as opposed to me turning pages. Brilliant and epic tale!
 
*******
 
I am not generally a fan of this genre, but I've been trying to spread my wings a bit lately with my reading. I wouldn't say that this book has made me want to buy more in the genre, but it kept my attention the entire time and the writing was superb. I was definitely invested in the characters and had to finish the book to see how it would end. This is a fast-paced read with a large cast of characters each with their own agenda. I would say readers of high fantasy and epic fantasy will rate this very highly. Enjoy!
 
*******
 
If you're looking for a rich, complex and compelling story, then look no farther than Andrew Weston's "The IX."
As an avid Sci-Fi fan, this book caught my attention from the beginning with an interesting premise, good strong characters and just the right mix of the new and familiar. I love the premise behind this book, and the author definitely did it justice. The pulling of soldiers from unique time periods and cultures added a lot of depth to the book. Furthermore, Weston did well with each of the cultures, having the different characters respond in situations to ways that felt culturally appropriate.
I've often felt that the true measure of a hero is not just in their 'heroic deeds,' but in how interesting and difficult their villains are to face. The evil hoard in this book was not only a formidable foe, but it was an interesting creation all on its own. One part horror creatures, one part old-school evil aliens, the antagonists in this book were well thought out and formed.
The different characters were engaging and interesting, which is hard to do when you have as many as Weston has in this work. The battle tactics felt real and practical. Overall, this was an enjoyable and fun read. Fans of TV shows like 'Warehouse 13' and 'Supernatural,' and the film 'Timeline' should definitely check out this book!
 
*******
 
A fun and enjoyable read! The concept is unique, and the book is clear, well paced and extremely visual. Weston has an excellent grip on both history and military strategy, and I enjoyed seeing both come together as well as they did. If you are a fan of fantasy, military history, this story is well worth your time. I would absolutely recommend it.
 
*******
 
If you enjoyed that little dip into what readers think, don't forget what the "Experts" of speculative fiction say about The IX
 
*******
 
Amazing Stories:
 
Black Gate:
 
 
 
AND
If YOU want to find out what all the fuss is about...Here's the plot.
 
 
Roman legionnaires, far from home, lost in the mists of Caledonia.
 
A  US cavalry company, engaged on a special mission, vital to the peace treaty proposed by Presidential candidate Abraham Lincoln.
A twenty-first century Special Forces unit, desperate to prevent a nuclear catastrophe.
From vastly different backgrounds, these soldiers are united when they are snatched away from Earth at the moment of their passing. Thinking they may have been granted a reprieve, imagine their horror when they discover they have been transported to a failing planet on the far side of the galaxy, where they are given a simple ultimatum. Fight or die. Against all odds, this group of misfits manages to turn the tide against a relentless foe, only to discover the true cost of victory might exact a price they are unwilling to pay.
How far would you be willing to go to stay alive?
The IX. Sometimes, death is only the beginning of the adventure.
Experience the Fight for Yourself!
The IX 
Amazon:
 
Barnes & Noble:
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment